Before becoming a FluCamp volunteer, all applicants are required to undergo a screening process, which can involve traveling to our centre in Whitechapel, East London. To make the most of your trip, we have put together some exciting ideas for things to do while you’re here.
When it comes to dining in Whitechapel, you’re in for a treat! The area is brimming with fantastic eateries.
- The Culpeper – Situated on Commercial Street, The Culpeper is a gastropub offering a farm-to-table menu featuring British dishes made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Tayyabs – Found on Fieldgate Street, Tayyabs is a legendary Punjabi restaurant serving flavourful curries, sizzling kebabs, and aromatic biryanis.
- Yum Bowl – A hidden gem on Whitechapel Road, Yum Bowl serves up delicious Malaysian and Chinese dishes, including delicious noodles, aromatic stir-fries, and tasty rice bowls.
- Dishoom – Located in nearby Shoreditch, Dishoom is a popular Indian restaurant known for its delectable Bombay-inspired cuisine and stylish ambiance.
- Efes Mangal – Located on Commercial Road, Efes Mangal is a Turkish restaurant offering a wide range of grilled meats, kebabs, and traditional Turkish dishes. Enjoy their warm hospitality and savor the flavors of Turkish cuisine.
- Kahaila Cafe – Located on Brick Lane, Kahaila Cafe is a cozy and charming spot offering delicious brunch options, sandwiches, cakes, and coffee. It’s a perfect place to relax and enjoy a leisurely meal or grab a quick bite.
- Hichki – Situated in Whitechapel, Hichki is a trendy restaurant offering a fusion of Indian flavors and global influences. Enjoy their innovative dishes and creative cocktails in a vibrant and stylish setting.
- Red Chilli – Located on Fieldgate Street, it’s a Chinese restaurant known for its authentic Sichuan and Cantonese cuisine, offering a flavorful dining experience with dishes like spicy hotpots, dumplings, and stir-fried specialties.
- Sushisamba – Located near Liverpool St station, this sky-high restaurant offers a fusion of Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian flavors. Though not directly in Whitechapel, it is relatively close and accessible. The restaurant provides stunning views from its elevated location and features a diverse sushi menu alongside other innovative dishes.
- Damal – This popular Somalian restaurant provides traditional dishes, including melt off the bone lamb shank, steak and huge platters at affordable prices!
Be sure to check out the incredible food East London has to offer when you come down for your first screening at FluCamp! Head to our website for more information, and feel free to contact us with any questions.